GDPR Privacy Notice
PMUK (London) Limited
The Base, Dartford Business Park
Please ensure you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a “privacy notice”) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who We Are
In this privacy notice, references to “we” or “us” means PMUK (London) Limited
2. Data Protection Principles
3. The Personal Information We Collect And Use: Information Collected By Us
In the course of Managing your development we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Name, property address, contact address (if different), phone numbers, email address, bank details, mortgage details, medical information (in some cases), etc.
The provision of the above information is required from you to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent appointed for and on behalf of either your freeholder, Resident Management Company or Right to Manage Company. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
4. The Personal Information We Collect And Use: Information Collected From Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Contact Details from the Developer or Previous Managing Agents
- Contact Details from Solicitors on Change of Ownership
- Vehicle Information from DVLA
- Lease details from the Land Registry
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract you have with your freeholder, Resident Management Company or Right to Manage Company and pursuant to which we are appointed as their agent.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
6. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We routinely share the following categories of personal data:
- Name, address, phone number & email address
This personal information may be shared with the following categories of recipients:
- In an emergency we may share your contact details an approved contractor to contact you.
- With your freeholder, Resident Management Company or Right to Manage Company if there is a legitimate interest.
- When legal advice is required to external solicitors.
- Where your property has services such as electricity, gas or heat supplied by a third party we will forward your details to the supplier to enable billing.
- At cessation of our management we will pass on your details to the new Managing Agents.
This data sharing enables us to perform our contract as managing agent.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
7. Where Your Personal Information May Be Held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, and third-party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold including those measures detailed in our GDPR data protection policy.
Or, for example, a set number of years after a data subject ceases to be a lessee in that development.
8. How Long Will Your Personal Information Be Kept
9. Reasons We Can Collect And Use Your Personal Information
10. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us on 01322 314990 or email@example.com
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g., full name, property address and property reference)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
11. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. How To Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
13. Changes To This Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do we will inform you.
14. Do You Need Extra Help?